Requirements To Have The Oklahoma Growers License Card
Even though only 9 percent of the population in Oklahoma has a medical cannabis card, the sector is growing fast. It has generated more than one billion in total since its passage. To accommodate the increasing demand, more farmers are becoming licensed each day. Cannabis producers are in the best position to find a niche and become billionaires in the fast-growing industry. Here we will give you steps to follow to build legal cultivation in Oklahoma. Learn Oklahoma growers license rules.
The Requirements for Oklahoma Growers License Card
Getting an Oklahoma growers license from the Oklahoma medical marijuana Authority (OMMA) will enable your company to generate an unlimited number of plants and then sell them to a licensed processor and licensed dispensary in the state. But, for each licensing and application category, you will need particular licensing. The licensing cost is $2500; everyone grows the facility, and applications need to be submitted distinctly.
You need to meet the following requirements particular needs to get the Oklahoma growers license as of this writing;
- You need to be at least 25 years old.
- To show that 75%of the owners are residents of Oklahoma state. Prove two years of residency before the date of application or five years of the last 25 years preceding the date of application
- The certificate of compliance from the governmental subdivision that has authority over the location of the business will be required for all business applicants. This means that you will need to have a place of your own.
- Every owner and officer must submit and pass some background check before it appoints. Also, you would be denied the application if you had a non-violent criminal conviction in the last two years or a violent felony conviction in the previous five years.
- You will require to generate a document of good standing from the secretary of the state if your company licenses as an LLC, corporation, or limited partnership.
The 4 Business Cannabis Licenses in Oklahoma
1. A Medical Cannabis Grower License
This license enables businesses to grow medical cannabis in Oklahoma state. Also, the licensed farmer might only be needed to sell to the processors and dispensaries. These licenses will issue as certificates.
2. A Medical Cannabis Processor License
The license enables businesses to handle medical marijuana legally. Processors might sell to dispensaries, and other processors might concentrate cannabis for some patients’ license holders. Moreover, processor licenses will offer as certificates.
3. Medical Cannabis Dispensary License
It enables the company to sell medical cannabis, including mature plants and seedlings. A licensed dispensary will only sell to patients, caregivers, researchers, parents, or legal guardians. Also, if you sell these products illegally, you might get a penalty, or your license will punish. In early September, your verification system will be ready. The seller will as well need to verify your identification.
4. A Medical Cannabis Transportation License
This license permits a person or corporation to legally transport medical cannabis with a licensed copy. They can transport medical cannabis from one grower, processor, dispensary, or researcher to another.
Above are some Oklahoma growers license rules required to use medical cannabis legally. The state will examine business applications and renewals 90 days after the application or renewal. If your application will grant, a license certificate gets issue. Moreover, my marijuana card will help me understand the legal environment with clarity and confidence. It is critical to note that getting a license is just a start of a long-term process of staying abreast of the natural changes in this business.