How we test POS systems in grocery stores
Grocery stores, including supermarkets and corner stores. Need a grocery store pos system that can handle high volumes of perishables. Track and manage employees, and build customer loyalty. Through customer relationship management (CRM) features. Often grocery stores also need durable and industry-specific hardware. Such as options for integrating scales and scanners, integrating deli and butchery. And tools for self-service delivery. As grocers are low-margin businesses, it is also important that POS systems. Are affordable and offer good value for money.
Based on our evaluation, Revel Systems is the best grocery store pos system for grocery stores. The software scored a near-perfect 4.94 out of five. Earning points for its retailer-specific hardware. And payment processing features, as well as its self-checkout option. SNAP EBT payments, FIFO and perishables inventory tracking. Online grocery sales tools, and robust CRM functionality.
Click on the tabs in the box below to see our full evaluation process for finding the best grocery checkout.
Revel Systems is a cloud-based POS system that provides. A customizable system for customer displays. online ordering and self-order kiosks. While the software is a popular choice for restaurants withmanye locations. It also offers robust inventory and customer management features. flexible hardware configurations, and horizontal and scanner integrations. that make it suitable for grocery stores of all sizes.
Based on our evaluation criteria, Revel Systems received an score of 4.94 out of five. The software received full marks for grocery-specific features (such as inventory management. CRM, online sales and loyalty), as well as hardware criteria. Payment processing, ease of use and pricing.Butr, based on our expert review. The price/quality ratio prevented it from scoring a full 5 points. This is because the total cost of implementation. And deployment (to be requirements) may be too high for small businesses.
Revel Systems pricing
– Software subscription: starts at $99 per month. Per terminal (billed and includes a three-year. Revel Advantage contract); requiresbuye of at least two terminals.
– Software cost for more boxes: $99 per terminal (billed ).
– Hardware cost: grant-based depending on your business needs.
– Other fees: flat fees for processing payments (based on quote); embedding fees start at $674.
Revel Systems features
– Inventory management: with the ability to manage complex matrix inventories. You can organize products into categories. Track inventory counts in real time, send automated. low-level inventory alerts, and createbuye orders. Besides to the barcode scanner, you can use your phone to scan items, and the action syncs from app to dashboard.
– Self-service options: increase service speed without compromising customer service. Especially during peak times,
with intuitive self-service kiosks.
– Loyalty program and CRM: Create your own loyalty program based. On how your customers want to earn money, such as points. Per transaction, for specific product purchases. or based onbuye volume. The app’s admin console can provide information and develop. A rewards program (e.g. exclusive discounts and promotions) to increase customer satisfaction.
– Employee management: set administrator rights, define roles and salaries. Track work schedules and manage payroll. The system also allows you to create staffing plans and standardize. Working time rules in line with local legislation.
– Payment processing: the Revel Systems management console. Allows you to view credit card transactions over a period of time and check the funds received. The system is also EMV-compliant and integrated with QuickBooks for seamless accounting processes.
– Customer support is available 24/7 online, by phone and email. pos system for small grocery store
– Reports and analysis: the software generates in-depth sales, inventory and labor reports. Including cost of goods sold (COGS), product mix and staffing costs in relation to sales, etc.